Steven Biggs: professional farm writer, food writer, and garden writer
- Grow-Gardeners. Kid-Tested Gardening with Children (No Guff Press, 2015)
- Grow Figs Where You Think You Can't (No Guff Press, 2012)
- No Guff Vegetable Gardening (No Guff Press, 2011 in Canada; St. Lynn's Press, 2012 as No Nonsense Vegetable Gardening in the USA)
- Contributor, The Edible City: Toronto's Food from Farm to Fork (Coach House Books, 2009)
I write about farming, farm business, gardening, food, and the food system.
- Monthly Press Reporting Award (Silver), Canadian Farm Writers' Federation, for Their Success is No Secret, 2012. CLICK HERE TO READ THEIR SUCCESS IS NO SECRET.
- Best Press Feature Award (Bronze), Canadian Farm Writers' Federation, for On Camera.,2011. CLICK HERE TO READ ON CAMERA.
- Outstanding Article Award, American Society of Journalists and Authors, for Farm Direct, 2011. CLICK HERE TO READ FARM DIRECT.
SCOPE: My articles take readers into areas as diverse as crop marketing, farm business branding, food-processing companies, farming novelty crops, consumer food trends, food and demographics, agritourism, farm energy production, food distribution, direct-to-consumer sales, food policy, farm advisors, farm succession, retail food issues, prominent players in the agri-food system, home gardening, and gardening with kids.
I package information to best suit your audience. That can be:
- Profiles of people and places
- Exploration of issues
- How-to articles
- News articles
Blogger and Web Writer
Full-length print features don't cut it on the web; and short, choppy web pieces don’t work in print publications.
I blog about my practical, no-nonsense approach to gardening on the companion website for my book Grow Figs Where You Think You Can't, Grow-Figs.com.
Technical or casual: A science background and marketing experience allow me to write in a style that engages readers.
- Country Guide (Contributing Editor), Garden Making, Clublink Life, Spacing, Today's Parent, Open Skies, Edible Toronto, Small Farm Canada, Trellis, Canadian Property Management, Energy Procurement and Conservation
Need a thoughtful article? Need a compelling talk?
Need clean copy? On time?
The ▪ Food ▪ Chain
Farm Writer. Food Writer. Garden Writer. Garden Speaker.