Steven Biggs: professional speaker
Speaking to Engage
A good talk is more than slides with bullet points and pictures: It brings together good content with engaging delivery. It must be FUN too.
My speaking experience with large groups includes:
- Moderating panels, participating in panel discussions, addressing large audiences at gardening shows...even...a cooking demonstration on television.
My speaking experience with small groups includes:
- Corporate lunch-and-learns, hands-on library workshops, garden and horticultural clubs.
What are People Saying About my Talks?
"Steven has been a very popular speaker at my events, with his knowledgeable and at times humorous style." He never lectures; rather he engages the audience and has an easygoing and approachable manner. Steven is a grower and his experiences bring his topics to life. I can't wait to get him back to Niagara!"
Linda Crago, Tree and Twig Heirloom Vegetable Farm
“On May 17, 2012 Steve presented his Crops that Wow talk and really did "wow" a full room of very appreciative new and experienced gardeners. Steve was very amusing and approachable so the Q&A went on and on highlighting lots of interesting and useful tidbits. Greens thumbs up Steve!”
Michelle Bennett, Go Local Food Network
“Steven's event was one of the highlights of the yearly series of workshops. He is a captivating speaker who engages the audience completely. He inspired us with his expertise and passion!”
Susan Poizner, Growing for Green
“Steven Biggs was a very engaging and unique presenter, in all the right ways. His presentation was entertaining, humorous, and educational while remaining very personable. I would love the opportunity to watch him again!”
Jason Harris, Orr Lake Golf Club
“Steven is one of our best speakers. His presentations are always clear and down-to-earth, yet highly informative and amply infused with practical advice derived from his own personal experience. Steven always gets a great response from our attendees.”
Conrad Richter, Richters Herbs
See me Speak
- Botanical gardens such as Toronto Botanical Garden and Royal Botanical Gardens
- Seedy Saturdays
- Ontario Historical Society and Lougheed House for fundraising events
- Ontario Horticultural Association meetings
- Master Gardener meetings
- Garden shows inclucing Canada Blooms, Peterborough Garden Show, Calgary Garden Show, Stratford Garden Festival
- Library talks and workshops
- Garden centres
- Horticultural societies
- Writing groups
- Retirement Residences
I'm happy to talk about gardening on air too.
Past interviews include:
- Rogers TV, Live Healthy Now
- 95.1 Massachusetts, GardenLine Radio
- CBC Radio, Metro Morning (Toronto) with Matt Galoway
- Breakfast Television (Calgary)
- The Weekend Gardener with Niki Jabbour
- America's Home Grown Veggies with Kate Copsey
- America's Happy Gardener with Bob Tanem
- Global TV, The Morning News Edition
- CBC Radio, Alberta at Noon
- Rogers TV, Daytime Toronto
Need a thoughtful article? Need a compelling talk?
Need clean copy? On time?
The ▪ Food ▪ Chain
Farm Writer. Food Writer. Garden Writer. Garden Speaker.